Pedophile George Pell's lawyers have been accused of disregarding key evidence as the disgraced cardinal fights to overturn his child sex abuse convictions.
He wants Australia's highest court to hear an appeal against his convictions for raping a choirboy and sexually assaulting another at Melbourne's St Patrick's Cathedral in 1996, after they were upheld by Victoria's Court of Appeal.
But in a submission to the High Court released on Friday, Victoria's Director of Public Prosecutions says Pell's legal team overlooks evidence related to the surviving victim's credibility.
"(Pell's legal team) glosses over evidence supportive of the account of the complainant," the document read.
The 78-year-old's legal team have argued previous findings against the cardinal failed to eliminate doubt about his opportunity to sexually abuse choirboys.
"The majority erred as, in light of findings made by them, there did remain a reasonable doubt as to the existence of any opportunity for the offending to have occurred," Pell's lawyers have said previously.