The Child Protection Party believe that
- child protection matters should not be an adversarial process in a court environment.
- child welfare issues should not be dealt with in the same setting in which criminal cases are prosecuted.
- instead, a panel should be established to hear such matters in the form of child welfare hearings where the process is less intimidating for parent/s and caregiver/s.
- holding child welfare hearings in an environment that does not have the adversarial nature of the criminal court will provide an environment more conducive of producing more equitable outcomes for parents, caregivers and children.
If you would like to comment on this policy, please leave your comments below.
Comments are public.
- If you wish to remain anonymous simply enter your initials or a pseudonym in the Name field.
- We would appreciate it if you could provide an email address so we can get in touch if we need any clarification on your comments. However, if you do not wish to provide your email address, enter email@example.com or something similar in the Email field.
- (Unfortunately, we are unable to make the Name or Email fields optional.)