If you or someone you know is experiencing sexual abuse or family violence contact:
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence Counselling Service 24-hour helpline 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732
- 24-hour Emergency Accommodation helpline on 1800 800 588
- Safe At Home helpline on 1800 633 937
- SHE (free and confidential counselling and support) on 6278 9090
- Sexual Assault Support Services on 6231 1811, or after hours 6231 1817
- Family Violence Crisis and Support Service on 1800 608 122
- Bravehearts – Sexual Assault Support for Children on 1800 BRAVE 1
Don't go it alone. Please reach out for help by contacting Lifeline on 13 11 14
Men who have anger, relationship or parenting issues, should contact the Men's Referral Service on 1300 766 491
HeadGear is a free, easy-to-use smartphone app that guides you through a 30–day mental fitness challenge designed to build resilience and wellbeing and prevent things like depression and anxiety.
Based on techniques scientifically proven to build good mental health, it features a range of simple engaging daily activities to help reduce and manage stress, improve sleep, connect better with friends and deal with difficult situations.
Surviving Child Sexual Abuse
If you are a survivor of child sexual abuse, Helping Survivors is a great resource for you.
On the site you can learn about:
- What is child sexual abuse?
- What are the dynamics of child sexual abuse?
- Are there risk factors for becoming a victim of child sexual abuse?
- Signs of child sexual abuse
- What to do if you suspect someone is grooming a child for sexual abuse
- What to do if you suspect child sexual abuse
- How to respond if a child tells you they are being abused
- Are there any treatments for child sexual abuse?
- The long-term effects of child sexual abuse
- Awareness can help to prevent child sexual abuse